Speeding apt by multiple connections

Hi there:

In this university that I am studying in, I have access to a pretty fast
internet connection. However when I use a normal download manager like
a browser's download manager or apt-get, which use a single connection
to fetch the files, my download rates are pretty slow, at most 5 KBps.
But I usually use axel, and order it to use 30 to 40 connections to
fetch a file ( axel -n 30 <path_to_file> ) and with this download
manager I am usualy able to speed up my downloads up to 100 or 150
KBps. (Huge difference, you see). So far so good. But I download most
of my needed programs using apt-get, and I haven't found a way to make
apt use multiple connections (as in axel).

Is it possible to make apt use multiple connections? Or does anyone have
an alternative idea about how I might be able to speed-up my downloads
from apt-getable sources?

Cheers
--
<!--  People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That
is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and

Aryan Ameri