Re: spamassassin ?

On 10 Mar 2004, S.D.A. wrote:
[snip]

> > So if they're all the same, why did I get SpamAssassin?  Name
> > recognition, I guess.
>
> Actually they're NOT all the same. :)
>
> Several months ago I read the following article -- it's one of the best
> comprehensive analysis I've seen on the subject;
>
> <http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/964/>
>
> To follow-up to my OP, I got rid of SA - My server is only 200MHZ
> PentiumPro, so I found SA too expensive. I also got rid of Exim3,
> installed Exim4, and am now running spamprobe. It's quick, and for my
> needs, I think it will suffice.
>
> Thanks for all dialogue. Been interesting.
>
> --
> Steve

Yes, good link. Now that I remember, that was what prompted me to use
spamprobe in the first place.

To be still more OT, have a look at postfix as an alternative to exim4.
I made this change about 3 months ago and find it more compact and
easier to administer, at least for a single user. The swap was
completely painless, thanks to Debian's excellent packaging system.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic