Re: Novellclient error

Am Mi, den 10.03.2004 schrieb welly hartanto um 11:04:
> Hi, guys....
>
> I'm back !!!  ;-)
> After got satifying answers for my earlier question,
> now I still let all of you call me a stupid
> newbie...:D
> I'd download a novellclient for linux from
> SourceForge, and I'd installed with IP and IPX
> protocol as requested by the Novell server in my
> office.
> The installation went well...but, when I started it,
> there's an error message tellin' me :
>
> error while loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
>
> i'd tried to find some solutions from SourceForge
> milist, but it just told me to get the RPM library
> file from several website which somehow didn't want to
> give me that file ( i mean the download was
> 'successfully' failed )
>
> As usuall, my question is : could you guys help me
> please.........
>
> Thank for your attentions and help

Hi

Are you using Debian? Then avoid any rpm libraries. Deinstall everything
you have downloaded from sourceforge and/or Novell.

user@box:~$ grep IPX /boot/config-`uname -r`
CONFIG_IPX=y
# CONFIG_IPX_INTERN is not set

Make sure your kernel supports the IPX protocol.
Then as root, do:

root@box:~$ apt-get install ncpfs

This will install the novell client program so that you can mount
netware volumes to a directory.

user@box:~$ ncpmount -U <novellusername> -S <novellservername>
/mnt/novell

You are promted for your novell password and voila, you're done.

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!