Re: spamassassin ?

> > I don't know anything about spamprobe.  I think one reason people like
> > spamassassin is that it has a mix of heuristic and learning (Bayesian)
> > rules.  And you can add your own rules to the list, based on regular
> > expressions.
>
> Spamprobe is a Bayesian filter too.

Right-- just to say that SpamAssassin has both.  Maybe Spamprobe does,
too.  Honestly, as someone who was looking around a few months ago for a
spam filter, I found it pretty hard to tell the difference among them.
There are at least a dozen of them, with similar names, and similar
features.  They all do Bayesian filtering.  So I didn't care much; I
just grabbed SpamAssassin, and it works fine for me, so I'm done with
that problem.

So if they're all the same, why did I get SpamAssassin?  Name
recognition, I guess.