Re: spamassassin ?

On 08 Mar 2004, S.D.A. wrote:
> Howdy folks:
>
> Something that has puzzled me for a bit, and I'd appreciate
> advice/insight.
>
> I have Exim running, with spamc activated via Exim (not procmail).
>
> Now, when I'm training SA, I've been using 'sa-learn' as the user that reads
> the mail. However since Exim is run as mail user, should I be running
> 'sa-learn' as mail user?
>
> I'm wondering as I've been training SA for some time, and I'm not sure
> it's taking advantage of what's in my ~/Home .spamassassin directory,
> bayes_tok et al.
>
> Thanks.

Perhaps this is drawing a red herring across the trail, but I can't help
wondering why more people don't use spamprobe in preference to
spamassassin. IME spamprobe is easier to set up and extremely effective.
I see only about 2 or 3 false negatives a day at most and no false
positives at all.

AC

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic