Re: How do I know which version of GNOME I am using?

-----Original Message-----
From: Lei <ls@gwis.com>
Sent: Mar 8, 2004 6:31 PM
To: Debian-User Mailing List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: How do I know which version of GNOME I am using?

How do I know which version of GNOME I am using?

(I used apt-get from ftp.us.debian.org for stable version)

and if I am not using the 2.4 version, how do I get the latest version?

Lei

Well, if you do not see the info (quickly) flashed in the
splash-screen during Gnome start-up...

...then from the command line, execute:

          gnome-session --version

which should give you some output, such as:

          Gnome gnome-session 2.2.0.2

(Note----this works even if not currently in "X", and even
while running different window managers.)

--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 9.0

"The way I see it, I figure the YANKEES had
something to do with it."

- Maj. Gen. George Pickett, when asked
where the fault lie for the Confederacy's
loss at Gettysburg