Maintain usb-storage device entries

Is there any way to make usb-storage maintain device names? It's getting
really annoying having to su mount all of my USB drives because their
device names keep changing from sdb, to c, etc, depending on what got
hooked up when.

I have thought about setting fstab to point to symlinks, and then having
the hotplug agent manage those symlinks. But I'd rather see if I can do
it via static device entries if possible. (I'm not sure if it's even
technically possible, as I don't know if USB devices have any sort of
unique identifiers akin to MAC addresses in network devices.)
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837