Re: How do I know which version of GNOME I am using?

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 09:31:47PM -0500, Lei <ls@gwis.com> wrote:
> How do I know which version of GNOME I am using?
 For me, it's always displayed on the splash screen, when Gnome starts.
Anyway, dpkg -l gnome-core or dpkg -l|grep gnome should give you a hint.

> and if I am not using the 2.4 version, how do I get the latest version?
 Depends on your Debian version. Woody or Sarge+? You can get 2.4 for
Woody (well, maybe) from http://www.apt-get.org/ An other way is to use
garnome, jbuild etc, google for them. That's how I have 2.5, which is
still a development version.

Cheers,
GCS