Re: SATA Debian support

jojda:/home/erik# hdparm -t /dev/sda1

/dev/sda1:
Timing buffered disk reads: 156 MB in 3.00 seconds = 52.00 MB/sec

  Whenever I insert my USB flash drive it is configured as /dev/sda1
I think /dev/sda* are for SCSI disk drives ! unless your SATA drive is
simulated as a SCSI disk

   yes it is

btw scsi is used for pretty much any mass storage that is not IDE (usb, firewire, can be used for SATA, even used for IDE CD burners)

   anyway, my point was that SATA performs as expected on my system...

    erik
  Can you tell me what you get for your data rate (MB/sec ?)

see the quoted message above (52.00MB/sec). or are you asking what do I get in real applications?

That's what I was after. Thanks

Hamid