From: Vineet Kumar [mailto:vineet@gobo.doorstop.net] On Behalf Of Vineet
Kumar
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 8:54 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: xmms output device

* Thomas G. (debian@staff.lan-zig.com)[20040308 17:05]:
> I am a windows user attempting to migrate to linux... I love to
> game... I know my computer "stuff" but configuring linux programs isnt
> the easiest thing... it takes experience...
>
> I cant get XMMS to work ... it doesnt pick up on my sound card but
> KDE3 does... anyone know why?

Check your output plugin in XMMS. (Options | Preferences | Audio I/O Plugins
| Output Plugin). You probably want the OSS output module.

What is the error message xmms gives you?  When does it happen?  Is it able
to load a song?  Does it give an error when trying to play the song?  Does
it look like it's playing fine but you don't hear anything?

You'll get better help quicker if you provide these details when you ask a
question.  Instead of just saying "it doesn't work", you should say exactly
what you tried, what you were expecting, and what you observed.

good times,
Vineet