Re: How to build file srver with Win-based clients ?

Joost De Cock wrote:
On Friday 05 March 2004 12:20, welly hartanto shoved this in my mailbox:

Hi, guys... Thank you for answering my earlier questions. Now, I have
some more questions ( ..again :D ): Call me a nutty newbie, but I want
to build a file server with my debian. So : 1. Is there any tool for the
users ( Win-based ) to log into my file server ( similiar to
Novellclient ) 2. Could you guys give me any link in the internet that
provide clear and good informations about building a file server ? Thanx
for all of you.... Welly H

Samba is a fileserver for windows clients. It allows them to logon using windows networking. Authentication can be lots of things. My clients authenticate to a LDAP backend, but you may use local user accounts if you want to.
Samba is a big project, I suggest you point your browser to :
http://samba.org

and do some reading

and more reading.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Intranet-Server-HOWTO.html