Re: How to build file srver with Win-based clients ?

On Friday 05 March 2004 12:20, welly hartanto shoved this in my mailbox:
> Hi, guys... Thank you for answering my earlier questions. Now, I have
> some more questions ( ..again :D ): Call me a nutty newbie, but I want
> to build a file server with my debian. So : 1. Is there any tool for the
> users ( Win-based ) to log into my file server ( similiar to
> Novellclient ) 2. Could you guys give me any link in the internet that
> provide clear and good informations about building a file server ? Thanx
> for all of you.... Welly H

Samba is a fileserver for windows clients. It allows them to logon using
windows networking. Authentication can be lots of things. My clients
authenticate to a LDAP backend, but you may use local user accounts if you
want to.
Samba is a big project, I suggest you point your browser to :
http://samba.org

and do some reading

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.