Re: External DVD-burner

echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi
assuming, You have no other SCSI Hostadapter in Your system.

Thanks Jonathan

It worked and I could mount the drive (obviously I had to install two packages: scsiadd scsitools).
And also I had to say:
echo "scsi add-single-device 1 0 0 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi
(I have two ieee1394 controllers)

Now, how do I tell debian to configure my drive automatically in each boot ?
and also right now, just root can see the drive and no one else, how can I change that ?

I should mention that I have added this line to my fstab file:

/dev/sr0        /burner auto    rw,user,noauto  0 0

Thanks to all that helped me to solve this problem

Hamid