Re: uninstall Debian Linux

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 18:04, Douglas Pollard wrote:
> I installed debian from cd without any documentation other than what I have
> been able to get on line.After struggling with it for a while, I bought a
> Red hat Linux book with a couple cd's. With a book in front of me I hope to
> do better. Can someone tell me how to uninstall Debian or install red hat
> over top? Or at lest give me a link to a site where I can get the info.

Debian is an Operating System and does not need to be "uninstalled" you
simply put in your Redhat CD's and it will bring you to a part of the
installation process where it will ask you if you want to remove all
partitions, this will remove debian.

I would advise against using Redhat because the support for it is / is
nearly finished for it.

You can find the best documention for any distro online by searching
google.com for a few questions.

If you're new to linux you'd probably prefer Xandros (replacement for
windows but you have to pay for it) or Mandrake (which has a free
version and also it's backend is Debian). They are a lot more user
friendly for new linux users.

Regards,

Ken