Re: SSH: does it require portmapper and what hostname is it looking for?

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 09:48:55AM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> which I seem to remember, from a previous abortive attempt to set up
> plip, was the way to go, but no luck. I also tried putting in the IP
> addresses from the router; I could then ping one of them but not telnet
> to it.

  If you are trying to ssh 10.0.0.1 from 10.0.0.2 you might try the
following line in /etc/hosts.allow of 10.0.0.1:

    sshd: 10.0.0.2

  Is there a firewall on 10.0.0.1?
--
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I