Re: nslookup & bind problem on internal network

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:29:56AM +0000, Mark C wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 00:11, CW Harris wrote:
>
> > As a guess-- did you define your internal network to be funkypenguin.net
> > and authoritative for the domain?  Thus there is no DNS path out of your
> > LAN to the real authority for funkypenguin.net?
> >
> > Give us more info on how you have your domain setup.
>
> Yes, I have set up the internal  name server to be authoritative for the
> funkypenguin.net domain, I'm forward requests that I'm not authoritative
> for out to my ISP's nameservers and the name server is only serving the
> internal systems.

I'm no DNS expert, so I don't know if there is a good solution for this,
but if you are authoritative for funkypenguin.net then your DNS will
never forward requests for that domain. Thus the behavior you are
seeing. Your DNS does not define funkypenquin.net, but it thinks it is
authoritative ---> no address found.

Maybe some DNS guru's out there have a suggestion for his setup?

--

Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.