Help! unable to login!

Wes Reneau wrote:
I've done this and mine worked, as I had the same problem once.

also you might just edit the lines in sources.list from stable to
testing or unstable and comment out the security line with a # mark.

One thing to keep in mind youre gonna be mixing up your version with
stable, testing and unstable and there is a reason they are seperated :-)

HTH

Ack! I did mess up already! Something went wrong and the testing version
of libncurses5 failed to install leaving the woody version removed. Now I
am not even able to login, I get some error like:
-bash: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by
/lib/libncurses.so.5)
when I login. Nor are most of the commands able to execute.

Thank God, I'm logged on with root as well as a user on 4 different
terminals including and one running my MUA! I had to use links browser to
open these mails for some reason still and none of the text browsers
would run, thank God again that I somewhere had compiled links static!
That's how I'm writing now

Well, what am I to do now? apt-get is also giving some errors about not
able to run /usr/bin/apt-listchanges ... failure running that script.

glibc is already installed I can see.

I better wouldn't have done this mess if I would have used somebackport
version of what I needed :/

Please help!

Regards,
Deboo
He does not suffer sorrow in sorrow,
who does not look for pleasure in pleasure.