	From: tony@domain.com
	Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:50:00 -0500

	>From tony@domain.com  Tue Feb 17 21:50:00 2004
	To: tony@domain.com
	Subject: test
	From: Jesse Ward <tony@domain.com>
	Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:50:00 -0500
tests=FROM_AND_TO_SAME version=2.20

Here is the relevant information from my

# SpamAssassin
    driver = pipe
    command = /usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
    transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc
    bsmtp = all
    home_directory = "/tmp"
    current_directory = "/tmp"
    # must use a privileged user to set
    # in the second exim process!
    user = mail
    group = mail
    return_path_add = false
    log_output = true
    return_fail_output = true
    prefix =
    suffix =

AND ....

# SpamAssassin
    # do not use this director when verifying a
local-part at SMTP-time
    # When to scan a message :
    #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
    #   -   it isn't already scanned
    #   -   it didn't originate locally (as long as I
don't harbor spammers
    condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} {!eq
{$received_protocol}{local}} } {1}{0}}"
    driver = smartuser
    transport = spamcheck

here is my relevant info from /etc/default/
# Change to one to enable spamd

# See man spamd for possible options. The -d option is
automatically added.

This was the walkthrough i have used to configure my

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, in my
efforts to removing the "Double Header syndrome" ( i
have also read through this thread
, with no avail )