Re: Holy Shee-it

Incoming from Paul Johnson:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 10:15:42PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> > That's even weirder.  Linux takes corporate computing by storm.  How?
> > By abandoning the low end server market to Mickeysoft and going for
......................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > the desktop market instead.
>
> IBM isn't abandoning the server market to anybody.  That's their
> mainstay.  Just curious, but where did you get this idea?  IBM is

HTH.  Leaving Mickeysoft to duke it out with *nix in the _low end
server_ market, when few if any of the desktops will need anything but
connectivity from those servers, seems a just fate for an outfit that
produces such bad software.

> > Maybe Microsoft would do well to start porting its software over now.
>
> I'm not sure that beast deserves to continue existing after the

Based on past performance, I'm surprised they exist now.  I was just
trying to be diplomatic.  Even the worst tyrant deserves a last meal
and parting words before he's hung up on a meat hook.  A MacDonald's
Happy Meal seems apropos.

- -