Re: Holy Shee-it

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 11:45:20PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 10:15:42PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> > That's even weirder.  Linux takes corporate computing by storm.  How?
> > By abandoning the low end server market to Mickeysoft and going for
> > the desktop market instead.
>
> IBM isn't abandoning the server market to anybody.  That's their
> mainstay.  Just curious, but where did you get this idea?  IBM is
> quite a bit more adventurous than most companies in the field, so
> they're going to go out on a limb and do the right thing instead of
> trading off.

Heh.  I've always seem IBM as being (perhaps) more adventurous
internally (who else has the "quan" besides M$?), but too retarded to
sell it to the masses.  Their marketing skills are as sharp as a
spoon...

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,