Re: Software RAID on a single partition?

You can mix and match any way you want.  At my offwe we mirror (raid1)
/dev/hda1 and /dev/hdb1 the root partition then we use LVM's to merge
/dev/hda2 and /dev/hdc2 into /dev/lvm/lvm1 (/dev/hdb2 and /dev/hdd2 make
/dev/lvm/lvm2).  The LVM's are mirrored /dev/lvm/lvm1 and /dev/lvm2.
Software RAID is VERY flexible, just be careful to have your bits in the
right order so you are protected.

Thus spake Jonathan Melhuish (lists@netacclaim.co.uk):