Re: Better program than Putty?

On 2004-02-08, Colin Watson penned:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 09:26:48AM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>> Speaking of which, does anyone know how I can get some form of linux
>> terminal to look the most like putty?  /duck
>
> You could use PuTTY itself. :) Simon has done a Unix port, which
> started with splitting out the terminal handling into an X terminal
> emulator program called pterm. The pterm, putty, and putty-tools
> packages are in testing and unstable.

I'm in love!  Thank you!

(Typing this from putty on debian unstable, with the 8x13bold font
recommended by Steve Lamb recently.)

Although, to be honest, pterm doesn't strike me as phenomenally
different than other terminal apps.  I guess I'll just have to poke
around and figure out the advantages myself =)

--
monique