Re: Mobo with fan controls

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:18:23 -0600,
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote in message
<[🔎] bvh9jf$p3f$1@sea.gmane.org>:

> Paul Morgan wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:42:22 -0800, Day Brown wrote:
> >

> >>One other reminder that PCs were designed for the corporate
> >environment.>People at home open the windows. And after being a home
> >a few years, the>fans have clogged the heat sinks with dust, and the
> >system fries. I run>with the hood off. Also take off the cover on the
> >power supply, and>threw away the fan. The passive heat dispersal
> >keeps the power supply>cooler, and it dont suck dust. If you dont
> >like the way it looks, drape>a doily or damask table cloth over it.
> >>

> > I've been running this particular mobo and CPU now for over 2 years,
> > and... no noticeable dust to speak of.  And it's sitting on a
> > carpeted floor. It's a simple matter to make filters for case fans
> > and to install in such a way that there's always positive air
> > pressure in the case.
> >

> I live in a small town in Mexico and there is dust everywhere because
> there are no paved streets, even indoors with windows closed, but that
> raises the temperature in the room because of the sun.
>
> I am about to get the machine cleaned.

..before re-assembly, rip open vacuum cleaner bags and use the filter
sheets to cover all case openings?

..another option is _wash_ the incoming air, draw it thru a bucket of
soap water, good old fashion oil bath air filter style.  If you can live
with the smell, use oil.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: