Re: Mobo with fan controls

Paul Morgan wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:42:22 -0800, Day Brown wrote:

One other reminder that PCs were designed for the corporate environment.
People at home open the windows. And after being a home a few years, the
fans have clogged the heat sinks with dust, and the system fries. I run
with the hood off. Also take off the cover on the power supply, and
threw away the fan. The passive heat dispersal keeps the power supply
cooler, and it dont suck dust. If you dont like the way it looks, drape
a doily or damask table cloth over it.

I've been running this particular mobo and CPU now for over 2 years,
and... no noticeable dust to speak of.  And it's sitting on a carpeted
floor. It's a simple matter to make filters for case fans and to install
in such a way that there's always positive air pressure in the case.

I live in a small town in Mexico and there is dust everywhere because there are no paved streets, even indoors with windows closed, but that raises the temperature in the room because of the sun.

I am about to get the machine cleaned.

Hugo.