Re: Debian list = spam and virus repeater/multiplexer

Pigeon said:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 03:09:57PM -0700, Lucas Albers wrote:
>> Would be nice to have your address munged from this list, or the option.
>
> You do have the option. Add to /etc/exim/exim.conf:
All the spam comes from other machine.
I reject 99% of it anyway, I just see it on my rejection webpage,sorted by
sender,recipient.

I have a an idea for stopping this.
Post a message to teh list with an email address in the signature that is
slightly different for each recipient. Then that will tell the listmaster
which address was used to harvest the email address from.

Example: I post a message to the list and have a signature that like such
Joe Smith -Debian Lover
joe@blah.com

Then this address listed in the signature of the email is then subtly
modified by a pre-delivery script for each recipient.

So recipient 1 gets this address:
joe32@blah.com

recipient2 gets this address:
joe33@blah.com

When mail is sent to either of this address, the address the address was
harvested from is obvious.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman