Re: Debian list = spam and virus repeater/multiplexer

Paul Johnson wrote:
Long story short: debian-user@lists.debian.org is not the only way
this forum is read: Other mailing lists mirror this one, as well as
several usenet newsgroup.  Closing the list would severely limit
debian-user's usefulness due to a suddenly and artificially restricted
membership.

As opposed to limted usefulness from a steadily increasing noise to signal ratio and dropping readership because of the same. Brilliant!

Really, this wouldn't be a problem if Windows users weren't so
clueless, even among this list's audience.

    It wouldn't be a problem if SMTP weren't so insecure.

But guess what. Windows is here, SMTP is insecure and there are clueless newbs out there. Ignoring it won't make it go away nor will being snide, rude and pathetically close minded