Re: Debian list = spam and virus repeater/multiplexer

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 12:59:06PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Does this mean that the volunteer list maintainer who has limited time
> to maintain the list is a Debian Developer,

Yes.

> I am under the impression that recently there is NO maintenance of
> this list, judging by the amount of crap that is appearing...

That's rubbish, I'm afraid; the amount of crap you see is a tiny portion
of the amount of crap that gets filtered before you ever see it. (I
don't administer lists.debian.org, but I administer bugs.debian.org and
know that that statement holds true for us; I also know that
lists.debian.org has rather better filtering than the bug tracking
system currently does.)