Re: Debian list = spam and virus repeater/multiplexer

Sebastiaan wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Bojan Baros wrote:

Hello deb users.
<snip>
The entire list have been subjected to the inflow of spam, viruses,
auto-responders finding virus or spam, clueless users or someone who
just wants to mess around with the list.
<snip>

I think there is a nice practical reason for this. The list operator
doesn't have time to delete every spam user from this list. The operator
is also someone who is maintaining the list in his free time.

Greetz,
Sebas

Does this mean that the volunteer list maintainer who has limited time to maintain the list is a Debian Developer, or can there be other volunteers to do this who DO have more time? I am under the impression that recently there is NO maintenance of this list, judging by the amount of crap that is appearing...

Going through the torturous exercise to become a Debian Developer when you live outside the US or Western Europe is meaningless, I tried that. That seems to work OK when you live in an area of Debian Developer density > 0, but otherwise produces no noticable results.

Hugo.