Re: maximum system stack allowed size limited to 2052kB (winex3)

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 10:10:00PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> I tried to install winex3 (haven't installed anything over it
> yet). When I try to start I get the following warning:
>
> Your system requires the use of pthreads but the maximum system allowed
> stack size of 2052 kB may be too small for some games.
>
> Any idea what is setting this limit and if it can be changed?

The full text of the error is:

   Your system requires the use of pthreads but the maximum system
   allowed stack size of 2052 kB may be too small for some games.
   If you experience problems, try rerunning with "-use-pthreads no"
   which may help.

Please take not of the second part.  I've been using WineX for some time
now with little, or no, problem related to the above message.

Support questions concerning WineX are normally handled quite well by
the WineX staff.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. --Aldous Huxley,
"Proper Studies", 1927