networkpackages give error when installing

Hi,

I'm trying to install the slapd-package on two different computers, but what I
get is the following error on both system:

hostname: Unknown host
slapd failed to preconfigure, with exit status 1

I get the same error when I install nis (and probably other network-packages).
I've allready checked my hostname in /etc/hostname and it's there. I also
reconfigured my network with the package etherconf and it still doesn't work.
Can someone help me with this? I'm using Debian unstable. Should I downgrade
to testing? Should I mail it to de bug system?
Thank in advance
Greetings Henne

--
Hendrik Wouters