Re: OT: Why the net Sucks: Stonehenge

In article <[🔎] 20040113091342.GA2639@comcast.net>,
Nano Nano  <40101.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
>but these aren't exactly deep; these are more like the Travel
>Brochures you see in hotel lobbies.  None of the other links are very
>good at all.
>
>And having to type in "stonehenge history" is the kind of beef I had
>with old-school search engines like Hotbot or Altavista: you have to be
>*so* specific or you get crap.  Compare these results with typing in
>just "stonehenge" in the subject category of a decent university
>library.  I want my results pages to look like that.

That's because you are already being very specific - you want
to know something about Stonehenge, and there's a good chance
a university library has information on that, so you go to
that library and .. surprise, they have info on Stonehenge.

Now try to find in that library info on the IBM/SCO lawsuit, or
the historic Tanenbaum/Torvalds flamewar, or N-sync.

To find something, you have to know where to look.

Mike.