OT: Why the net Sucks: Stonehenge

Watching a program on PBS, I decided I wanted to read about Stonehenge.
Off to google, I go, searching for "Stonehenge".  Didn't like the
results.  Tried Google directory, Yahoo, and Teoma: didn't like any of
them.

The experience I wanted was a deep, rich, complete, authoritative,
well-annotated, and well-accepted "Library-like" experience reading
about Stonehenge: names of the best scholars, the names of the most
influential histories and critiques on the subject, in short the sort of
experience I would get at a University Library, only faster.

The internet is nothing like that.  I am lucky in than San Jose has
opened a San Jose State's University library to the public: even though
it is not a world-class university, the quality of the knowledge
available there *blows away* what I can find on the Internet.

Help me out here.