[HELP] Debian Woody on HP Proliant DL 380 G-3

Dear all.

Before, please cc the answer to me directly also as I not registered on
the list.

I have to install Woody on Proliant DL 380 today.
I got everything working (even as I don't know most of the stuff there
:-) ), except ethernet card.

Other thing I have in mind is, what is Smart Array controller? I got 3
scsi disk each 72GB, but only got 144GB disk in size. Is it RAID or
something like that?

Does linux 2.6.1 solves the problem? (is it stable enough now?).

A friend has manage to install Redhat on the box using so called Tigon
driver for the ethernet card. He also claims that the ethernet card
names is Broadcomm Gigabit ethernet something.

The information I manage to extract is this:

HP ProLiant DL380 G3
HP BIOS P29 07/25/2003
2048MB Memory, Advanced ECC Support.
2 Processor: Intel Xeon 2.80GHz,512KB L2 Cache.

PCI Devices:
HP Integrated Lights-Out Controller (IRQ-3) and Processor (IRQ-5)
HP PCI USB Controller (IRQ-7)
HP Smart Array 5i Controller (IRQ-10)
HP NC7781 Gigabit Server Adapter Port-1 (IRQ-11) Port-2 (IRQ-15)
HP PCI Hot-Plug Controller (IRQ

Anyone care to shed a light to this poor mortal?
Experiences, knowledge, would be much appreciated.

Thx Before.

Regards
-arief