Re: smart media card reader problem

> No, you're right: it must be the kernel drivers. I've now discovered it
> is worse than you described.  I have no complicated filesystems on any
> of the media, but after mounting any one of them it is necessary to
> reboot before you can mount any other type.  This applies also to smart
> media and to SD cards - not just to the disgo.  Now that is tedious...
  Worse.. don't know. What happens is that when you unplug a usb
  storage device and plug in a different one, it gets assigned a
  different drive letter. What used to be /dev/sda is now
  /dev/sdb. The reboot resets the counter.

  In your case then, after plugging in the second device, try
  /dev/sdb<something> in your mount command.

  Funnily enough, I think there is a reasonable explanation for
  this.. just can't remember it at the moment.
> Hey ho.
  Indeed.

	  TimT