Re: Opengl Support for debian -- ATI rage 128 video card

George App wrote:
> How do you configure opengl support for debian?  I am currently
> running sarge and my computer has a ATI rage 128 video card.

The other half of the puzzle is your motherboard's AGP chipset.
Enable it in the kernel (Character Devices) and dmesg should show
something like this:
        Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
        agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 203M
        agpgart: Detected AMD 761 chipset
        agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xf8000000
        [drm] AGP 0.99 on Unknown @ 0xf8000000 64MB
        [drm] Initialized r128 2.2.0 20010917 on minor 0
Look to xfree86.org for "DRI" information in their "Documentation"
section. Not all motherboards are supported.