Multicast question (newbie)

Hi

I have just installed VLC media player. During the install process I got this message:

###############

WARNING: The kernel version that you are currently running does not support
multicast. You must use a IP multicast enabled kernel for OpenSLP to
function efficiently.
NOTE: You don't seem to have a multicast route configured. You may need to
add a multicast route by running the command:

route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev <interface>

You can add this command to your network init scripts to do this automatically
at startup.

I have looked at the manual page for this command but my networking experience is negligable.

Will these IP addresses be examples or the actual values and what do I need to enter in the <interface> ?

Manny Thanks

--
Tendril
_______