Re: CUPS messed up in sid?

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 07:10:26AM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez imagined:
> Last night I tried printing and got some tilted text on the
> page (rotated about +3 deg, + angle meaning tilting the top
> border to the left). I then checked cups from localhost:631,
> everything seemed fine. Well, restarted the computer, after
> checking as much as I could and having not much else to do
> that I knew. After rebooting, the printer is not working
> anymore, the settings in cups are fine, but every time I send
> some job to print, it just stands there, processing, until I
> cancel it.
> It says the /dev/lp0 is busy. Any clues? My printer is
> hpdj5550, using the hp driver.

See
  http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DesignJet_5500

It looks better for you if your printer is the postscript
version.

We just got a printer and it seems to be working fine with
CUPS/sid, so I doubt the problem is with CUPS.

Cheers,
Raymond
--
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought under the name