Re: CUPS messed up in sid?

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 02:51:10PM +0000, Richard Lyons wrote:
> On Sunday 11 January 2004 12:10, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> > Last night I tried printing and got some tilted text on the page
> > (rotated about +3 deg, + angle meaning tilting the top border to the
> > left).
>
> Are you sure the paper was feeding straight?  3 deg sounds unlikely to
> be anything but mechanical.  (I don't suppose it matters, but your
> description of the direction of rotation is still ambiguous - try
> clockwise/anticlockwise or geographer/mathematician)

That's what I meant: positive angle in the trigonometric sense
(assuming the paper remains fixed, the "text box" rotates
counterclockwise), I tell you, very weird, never seen anything like
this before. And I tried to make sure that it wasn't a mechanical
misplacement. But you never know...

> I'm completely not an expert on this, but have you tried emptying the
> printer queue (/var/spool/cups, I recollect) and powered down and
> restarted the printer and/or emptied its buffer?

I emptied the queue, but didn't powered down the printer. I will do
that next.

Thanks Richard.