Re: set up simple mailing list?

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 01:58:52PM -0500, Rohit Kumar Mehta wrote:

> That's exactly how I maintain a simple mailing list.  I use sendmail
> though, not exim :-P
> Is .forward a sendmailuancy?

What would be the difference between using this approach or adding the
email addresses to the "/etc/aliases" file instead?  Isn't that the way
"mailing lists" were created originally, prior to Majordomo, etc.?  As
far as I can tell, quite a few Unix "oldies" still refer to mailing lists
as "aliases".  Is there an inherent advantage to using one or the other
approach?  Anybody out there could shed some light on this?

Nitebirdz
http://www.sacredchaos.com/