Re: set up simple mailing list?

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 01:42:30PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> hey there,
>
> I'd like to set up  simple mail account on my box to act as a mailing
> list for one ofm y classes.  So if someone writes to
> 417@derailleur.org,
> the mail is automatically frwared to a bunch of people.
>
> This should be simple, right?  I tried writing an od-fashioned
> .forward with a bunch of mail addresses in it:
>
> matt.price@not.utoronto.ca
> other.people@addresses.ca
>
> but the mail doesn't seem to land anywhere.  Is there a relatively
> simple way to do this?  I believe I'm using exim, though I haven't
> really messe with the mail delivery system for a year.

If you're using exim make /home/417/.forward (or whatever user you're using
for this) something like this:

# Exim filter
unseen deliver matt.price@not.utoronto.ca
unseen deliver other.people@addresses.ca

etc. etc.

The first line MUST be '# Exim filter' for exim to recognise it.

zless /usr/share/doc/exim/filter.txt.gz

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons