Re: set up simple mailing list?

Incoming from Rohit Kumar Mehta:
> Matt Price wrote:
>
> >I'd like to set up  simple mail account on my box to act as a mailing
> >list for one ofm y classes.  So if someone writes to
> >417@derailleur.org,
> >the mail is automatically frwared to a bunch of people.
>
> That's exactly how I maintain a simple mailing list.  I use sendmail
> though, not exim :-P
> Is .forward a sendmailuancy?

A what?  "man procmailex" has examples in it showing how to do this.

If procmail is set up as the system MDA (as it is on most modern
Linuxes), plunking the |/usr/bin/procmail thing in ~/.forward will
invoke procmail on incoming mail.  Depending on your MTA, the contents
of .forward will be different.  The one above is for exim.  man
procmail explains it.

- -