Re: set up simple mailing list?

Matt Price wrote:

hey there,

I'd like to set up  simple mail account on my box to act as a mailing
list for one ofm y classes.  So if someone writes to
417@derailleur.org,
the mail is automatically frwared to a bunch of people.
This should be simple, right?  I tried writing an od-fashioned
.forward with a bunch of mail addresses in it:

matt.price@not.utoronto.ca
other.people@addresses.ca

That's exactly how I maintain a simple mailing list. I use sendmail though, not exim :-P
Is .forward a sendmailuancy?

but the mail doesn't seem to land anywhere.  Is there a relatively
simple way to do this?  I believe I'm using exim, though I haven't
really messe with the mail delivery system for a year.
Well, I should say that I receive most of my mail via getmail and that
it gets filtered through procmail.  I thought that at one time I had
to write a .forward file "|/usr/bin/promcail" but I find that my main
account doesn't HAVE a .forward.
Do you have a .procmailrc? I think it's a lot more powerful than a .forward