Re: pdfs and mozilla-firebird

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 07:01:35PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> My mozilla firebird decided that it can show imbeded pdfs apparently it
> can't which causes problems when trying to download files which aren't
> linked directly but the download is supposed to start automatically,
> such as from sourceforge.
> All I see is a gray page with a message: Loading <pdf filename> and
> then a gray screen.
> I have acroread, gv, xpdf and mozplugger installed.
> Is there a way to tell firebird to automatically download the pdfs
> instead of trying to show them?

Micha,

I'm not that familiar with Firebird, but since the old days browsers tend
to have a section for Helper Applications or Plugins in the preferences
menu.  It's there that you can configure this type of behavior.  I did a
very quick search in Google, and came across this picture (at the bottom
of the page) that can give you an idea:

http://www.mozillazine.org/articles/article3588.html

Nitebirdz
http://www.sacredchaos.com/