Re: Debian / UFS File System

> I currently have a FreeBSD machine at home with all my filesystems
> being UFS. I was thinking of maybe converting over to Debian Linux
> but didn't know If Debian supports reading/writing to UFS
> filesystems. Would this be an easy Thing to do or is UFS very
> experimental with Debian and I would have a big Hastle of trying to
> convert the filesystem over to some other format?

If you have a second machine or other backup system (ahem), then it is
advisable to save your data there and remake your filesystems in
ext[23] or ResierFS when installing Debian.  Write support for BSD
filesystems, while present in Linux, is not battle-hardened.

Lucas
--
Lucas Bergman <lucas@fivesight.com>