Re: set up simple mailing list?

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 01:58:52PM -0500, Rohit Kumar Mehta imagined:
> Matt Price wrote:
> >hey there,
> >
> >I'd like to set up  simple mail account on my box to act as a
> >mailing list for one ofm y classes.  So if someone writes to
> >417@derailleur.org,
> >the mail is automatically frwared to a bunch of people.
> >
> >This should be simple, right?  I tried writing an
> >od-fashioned .forward with a bunch of mail addresses in it:
> >
> >matt.price@not.utoronto.ca
> >other.people@addresses.ca
> >

> That's exactly how I maintain a simple mailing list.  I use
> sendmail though, not exim :-P
> Is .forward a sendmailuancy?
>
> >but the mail doesn't seem to land anywhere.  Is there a
> >relatively simple way to do this?  I believe I'm using exim,
> >though I haven't really messe with the mail delivery system
> >for a year.
> >
> >Well, I should say that I receive most of my mail via getmail
> >and that it gets filtered through procmail.  I thought that
> >at one time I had to write a .forward file
> >"|/usr/bin/promcail" but I find that my main account doesn't
> >HAVE a .forward.

My ~/.forward file has this one-liner:
$ cat .forward
|/usr/bin/procmail

I don't remember whether that line was for procmail or
spamassassin thought.

Have Fun,
Raymond
--
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought under the name