Re: linux bewbie lame question

On Tue,  6 Jan 2004 17:47:45 -0500
linux@austrialpinusa.com wrote:

> Quoting Katipo <katipo@weavers-web.org>:
>
> > On Tue,  6 Jan 2004 12:34:51 -0500
> > linux@austrialpinusa.com wrote:

> > > I am newbie and this is my experience. Gnome runs faster and gives
> > > me less trouble :)) KDE is more fancy and has more sofisticated
> > > aplications in it. If you boot to any of those you have them both
> > > available, for some reason some KDE stuff is on strike when run
> > > from Gnome in that case I call it from command line and basta,
> > > usually works. So I like Gnome since it doesn`t look like windows
> > > and acts more simple and runs faster on my old hardware where I
> > > try to learn in before I will dump it on serious machine and try
> > > to do some geophysical modeling. So I guess you can choose what
> > > ever you like better. I like to work in command line world since I
> > > have been arround since the first CPU like Z80, 08086. My first
> > > machine was 2MHz fast and was talking "Basic" :). I like when
> > > world is simple, so the Gnome seem to me. ed.
> > > >

> > Google on what?
> > What is Google?
> > You assume too much in your arrogance.
> > The thread is a genuine one.
> > If it is too much trouble for you to involve yourself on any genuine
> > level, stay out of it.
>
> Was that for me? If yes what was it for? If it was for me than I
> appologize and just on the side arogance come from the words above
> mine, I mean your. I am not doing to agrue with you, it never makes
> sence, I may not be very technicaly knowledgable, but I mentioned it
> right at the beginning that I am not very technicaly skilled and I
> just shared what works for me without using any big technical
> knowledge in Debian-Linux. Thanx for being so nice. ed.

I was referring to the personality who 'contributed' the paragraph about
leaving the list and googling, which would appear to be obvious.
It seems every time a newbie or otherwise inexperienced personality
arrives on this list with a genuine query, there is some supercilious
idiot who needs a petit form of ego gratification which comes from the
opportunity to say RTFM, or equivalent.

You are doing very well in your efforts to assist somebody who has a
genuine query, and has the initiative to do something about their
situation on an active level. I saw no reason for the shallow reaction
that somebody saw fit to post that did nothing but detract from the
situation. The comment was not aimed at you.
Regards,

David.