Re: [OT] Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications)

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 05:47:46PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 06:17:17AM -0800, Tom wrote:
> > Don't second-guess them; they was smart!
>
> They weren't smart, they were drunk; there's a difference.  We don't
> even trust drunks to drive these days.  They fall well short of the
> pedestal people put them on.
>
> 1) They thought the electoral college was a good idea.  This has

The idea of the electoral college is against the "Tyranny of the
Majority."  We are not a democracy.

George Washington could have been King and willingly gave up power.

I tried to google for "founding fathers drunks" to see if there was any
basis in what you are saying, but have you noticed in the last few days
all of the first 1000 hits Google returns are 'blogs?

It's absolutely useless.

Anyway, thanks for making me glad I'm American paul!