Re: Sneaking past firewalls: ssh on port 23 or 80?

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 at 17:15 GMT, Paul Morgan penned:

> Even with huge internet links, radio is a problem.  My corp has
> upwards of 50,000 PCs, you can imagine the problem and associated cost
> if rules weren't strict and the penalties non-trivial ("not excluding
> termination")
>
> If you're at work, and you're stealing your company resources (or your
> time for which your company has paid you) for personal reasons, you're
> a thief, no two ways about it.

I wonder if a company could get brownie points with its employees and
save bandwidth at the same time by proxying/caching some internet radio
stations for their use?  Only one "user" for as many internal users as
wanted it?

I have no idea of the technical feasibility of that, nor of the
legalities.  Just a thought.

--
monique