Re: Excahnge data between NTFS and Linux partitions

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 05:49:48PM +0200, Kristian Niemi wrote:
> Question #1 is something I'm pondering on myself; I just assumed it's me
> being stupid, although I have the same settings for my NTFS partition,
> as another ext2 ...
>
> Question #2, in kernel 2.6 I believe you can set NTFS as writable,
> although it's experimental, and at least I don't dare to use it. ;)

Theoretically 2.4 also has such support but you really really shouldn't
use it (unless you want to destroy your ntfs partition.
2.6 stabler, thus you won't destroy your partition, but iirc it  can
only overwrite files, not create new ones (not sure about changing
their size, but I don't think so).

> Question #3, perhaps by some external tools (software, that is), but I
> don't know any offhand --- if there even are any.

IIRC the name of the program is explore2fs. Gives graphical access from
windows to your ext2 partition.

> The way I solve exchange of files between XP and Linux, is that I have a
> FAT-partition, which is (easily) mountable, readable and writable, by
> both Windows and Linux ...

Probably the easiest solution.