Re: mutt - Getting context lines in the index

Incoming from Micha Feigin:
> On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 09:51:41AM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> > Incoming from Micha Feigin:
> > > How do I get mutt to leave a few context lines when scrolling the
> > > message index? When I scroll past the bottom of the page mutt jumps to
> > > the next page leaving no context as to the previous messages which can
> > > be very confusing if it cuts in the middle of a thread.
> >
> > I'm not sure I know what you mean, but try this.  Go to a box with at
> > least 10 emails in it, then spacebar/open one.
> >
> >    set pager_index_lines=8
>
> What I want is when I scroll in the index widow (only message titles)
> past the end of the page (press down on the last message in the page)
> that instead of scrolling by a whole page, to leave a few titles from
> the previous page (scroll by a whole page less three messages instead
> of a whole page).

Ah!  Like when your emacs cursor is at the bottom of the window, and
you press down arrow.  It 0.5 pages, and places the cursor on the
centre line.  I hate that.  :-)

In your case, just ignore the index window.  With that fix above,
it'll continually re-centre the pager_index_lines as you go from one
mail to the next.

You might try searching the mutt-user's list archive, or
comp.mail.mutt archives.

- -